Prasad talked about ManyShip at SIPACON 2013 conference on November 9 in San Jose, CA. SIPACON is an all day event for technology professionals, business leaders and entrepreneurs to connect with over 300 people and learn from industry leaders.
Audience loved the concept of ManyShip, a social shipping and delivery platform connecting people who need things sent with those traveling who have extra space. The result: senders get expedited shipping for less, and travelers are rewarded for their help. However, audience wondered how ManyShip makes the platform safe for the members.
We have taken several measures to build trust and security. ManyShip uses the proven and reliable industry practice of utilizing Facebook, LinkedIn and other social networks, and further works to educate users to build a safe and trustworthy community:
Registration and log in
- ManyShip requires that our users register using our secure log in process before using our services. In addition we allow members to log in using Facebook which helps to build and maintain trust.
- When an order is accepted, senders are charged but payment is held until confirmation of delivery. Travelers are paid upon confirmation of delivery by the sender.
Private name, email and phone
- We do not share names with other users and only collect them for payment purposes. Phone numbers and email addresses are also kept private until an order has been accepted.
Reviews and Feedback
- We encourage members to leave a feedback and write a review after each transaction. This helps to create a safe and trustworthy community.
- Our private messaging system allows members to perform all communications, information and file exchanges within the messaging system without ever sharing the email addresses and phone numbers.
In addition, we educate members through out the order process:
- Members are encouraged to perform transactions within their network of friends and family. We provide various tools to members to get acquainted with each other and form the trust before accepting to carry or send goods.
- Traveling members are obligated to open the sender’s package and re-pack them into their bags.
- Traveling members are not obligated in any manner to carry the goods of the sender.
- Traveling members are encouraged to answer the questions at the airport truthfully and completely.
We built our platform with safety as a core value, and have a number of great tools specifically aimed at ensuring this. ManyShip strives to create a safe and trusted community for shipping and delivery.